You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't receive text messages on iPhone

Just moved to T-Mobile and having problems receiving text (SMS, MMS) messages

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:58 AM

The SMS/MMS feature is provided and managed by your carrier. Have you given T-Mobile a call to determine the issue?

One other thing to consider and that is whether you can make and receive phone calls with the T-Mobile network. If you cannot, then ensure that you have an active T-Mobile service on your iPhone. Did you insert the T-Mobile specific SIM card in your iPhone?

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 19, 2021 9:58 AM in response to just_another_old_guy

The SMS/MMS feature is provided and managed by your carrier. Have you given T-Mobile a call to determine the issue?

One other thing to consider and that is whether you can make and receive phone calls with the T-Mobile network. If you cannot, then ensure that you have an active T-Mobile service on your iPhone. Did you insert the T-Mobile specific SIM card in your iPhone?

Axel F.

Dec 21, 2021 7:45 AM in response to just_another_old_guy

That is good news. Just want you to note that when I have changed carriers, then I never had to do anything different. My iPhones have also automatically reconfigured for network settings upon change of carriers. But, that is under my specific settings and it does not apply to every single person. In the end, you have this thing resolved and therefore I am glad for you. Enjoy the holidays!

Axel F.

Can't receive text messages on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.