You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my watch start charging and then stop

My Apple Watch has a charging problem. It starts charging when I put it on the charger, then stops after a few minutes. I have to keep checking and resetting it on the charger to get it to continue charging the watch.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 10:35 AM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2021 11:26 AM in response to JemmyFeen

Hey there JemmyFeen,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with your Apple Watch not charging as expected, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, check out the steps listed in the following resource that may help: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Also if possible, do you have another charging cable and/or adapter you can test the issue with? This can help to determine if we need to look into Apple Watch further, or available options for your Apple Watch charger.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Take care!

Why does my watch start charging and then stop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.