You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new LG "smart TV" bought in the country of Colombia. It does not look like I have an Apple TV app available on my TV. I've tried watching movies from my TV web browser but when a movie starts the browser slips back to my TV cable channels.

I assume the viewing would work better if I could download an Apple TV app. But the sites I've seen say their apps are only for iPhones. I've tried updating my LG software but no updates were available. I've seen LG TV model numbers approved for Apple TV but I don't think my LG TV model (43LM6370PDB) was approved. I can view Apple TV with my laptop and thus can view by connecting my laptop to my TV. Any help with downloading an Apple TV app to my TV?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 8:36 AM

Thanks for the link. While I was unsuccessful in downloading the app to my TV, I was able to watch Apple TV on my laptop. This morning, I learned how to wirelessly connect my laptop to my TV so I will continue my Apple TV subscription.

4 replies

Dec 20, 2021 11:35 PM in response to NotSoSmartTV331g

LG smart TVs have the LG Content Store to download additional apps from (on-device). Find non-standard apps there.

1. Press the Home button on the remote control.
2. LG Content Store will launch.
3. Select APPS category shown at the top of the screen. The list of available apps in selected category will be shown.
4. Select an app from the list.
5. Read the details of the app and then press Install.
6. When the installation is complete, you can run the app immediately.

You can also use the LG Content Store search engine to search for ‘Apple TV’.

Dec 21, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Many thanks for your detailed steps. After following these steps, I conclude my TV is not set up to view Apple TV. While I was unsuccessful in downloading the app to my TV, I was able to watch Apple TV on my laptop. This morning, I learned how to wirelessly connect my laptop to my TV so I will continue my Apple TV subscription.

I have a new LG "smart TV" bought in the country of Colombia. It does not look like I have an Apple TV app available on my TV. I've tried watching movies from my TV web browser but when a movie starts the browser slips back to my TV cable channels.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.