You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music downloaded music won’t play

I recently got Apple Music haven’t been able to get it to work. I have tired removing the app then reinstalling also removed the music and tired a new file and I have signed out of my Apple ID but still can’t get my music to play

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 4:22 PM

I’m dealing with the same issue. Apple Music shows the song is visually playing but no sound. Close and reopen nothing. Use Spotify or Disney + audio is fine.

2 replies

Dec 22, 2021 10:43 AM in response to buddy153

Hi there buddy153,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're unable to play downloaded songs with Apple Music. Let's see how we can help. If you haven't done so already, try restarting your iPhone. Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor issues. It's also a good idea to make sure you're running the latest iOS version (15.2): Get the latest software updates from Apple.

If the issue persists, reply with the answers to these questions:

• Do you see an error message when trying to play music? If so, what does it say?
  • Is the music greyed out?
  • Are you able to stream music?
  • If you have another device, does Apple Music work as expected on it?

Cheers.

Apple Music downloaded music won’t play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.