You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Sharing Apple TV+

I have Family Sharing turned on with three members. Two are in the same house and one is not. I am the organizer (and pay the bills). One of the adult members (the one not in the house with the organizer) subscribes to Apple TV+ (I get the bill). System Preferences shows that all three members have access to Apple TV+. So far so good.

My problem is when I connect to Apple tv+ on any of my devices (MacBook Pro, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV), TV+ displays the message "Enjoy 3 Months Free, then $4.99/month.

I did just purchase a new iPad and it comes with 3 free months of Apple TV+. But shouldn't I already have access the Apple TV+ without the "3 Free Month" message? If I sign up for 3 free months, will I be billed twice after the 3 free months (once against my members Apple ID and once against mine)?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 5:07 AM

7 replies

Dec 27, 2021 3:58 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize that support was even available.

I called the day before Christmas and I was speaking with a person in less than two minutes. While they didn't know the answer off the top of their head (I'm not sure if I was even in the right section/department), they were able to get an answer.

I had recently purchased an iPad and it came with 3 free months of TV+. That is why I was getting prompted to sign up for it. And if I did sign up for it and didn't cancel before I was billed, I would be double billed for Apple TV+. Once for my current Family Share and again for the continuation of TV+ with the new iPad.

Problem Sharing Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.