You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app replied arrow icon no longer goes direct to reply - Has this been solved?

PREVIOUSLY IN COMMUNITY

"In Mail app, whenever you reply to or forward an email, the appropriate arrow icon would show up to the left of the message in the Message List view. In previous versions of Mail before Big Sur, you could click on the icon and it would go directly to the reply or forward email (as long as it had not been deleted).

That action does not work anymore and I'm wondering if it is a bug or has the feature been taken away."

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 2:53 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Dec 24, 2021 5:10 AM in response to Talley3921

I run Big Sur 11.6.2 and Mail 14.0 and I can cofirm that the reply to arrow opens the reply message in a separate window as well as the replied from arrow in a send message opens the replied from message in a separate window. This is as long as your reply is performed in the mail app.

I have an imap account, and i am not sure if it works when you relply or foreward through your web mail instead of your mail app.

Synchronisation may not always give the same results.

Happy Christmas

Mail app replied arrow icon no longer goes direct to reply - Has this been solved?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.