You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro multicam

Hi all,

I am editing a video together that was shot on 2 iPhone 12 Pro’s. When viewing the shots in the inspector by themselves, everything is fine. My problem is when I create a multicam clip. It seems like one of the shots is automatically darkened. I can fix this in the Color corrector, but I’m just wondering why this happens??? Why does Final Cut Pro randomly darken one of the shots, forcing me to go through this annoying chore of fixing the Color of each individual shot??? This is ridiculous! Help!?

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 10:24 AM

14 replies

Dec 24, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Oseano

As Terry said one of the clips is Rec 2020 the other is Rec 709. The one in the QT player is 709. Whatever is selected in the application is 2020.

What do you want the output to be SDR or HDR? If the former you have to use the HDR Tools effect on the HDR clip. If you want the latter you have to use color correction to increase the levels.

Final Cut Pro multicam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.