You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iMac 24" Power Brick not working with wired Ethernet

Hello,

I have just received a brand new M1 iMac 24" with integrated Ethernet in the power brick. I am getting intermittent throughput and packet loss using a known solid Cat 5e cable. When I use the same cable plugged in to the Thunderbolt jack using a USB-C:Ethernet adapter, the problem goes away. I have received two new bricks and both have the same issue. Any other suggestions to troubleshoot?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 3:09 PM

hcsitas,

It is a Netgear ProSafe switch. Checked for Firmware update and was delighted to see that there was a new version. Updated and now problem SOLVED! Thanks for the help with this! Kind of surprised that no one has seen this kind of issue before. Mybe others will benefit! :)

7 replies

New iMac 24" Power Brick not working with wired Ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.