You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV plus no sound on Fire Stick

Please, for the love of all that's good, FIX YOUR APP! I have tried every option in any forum I can find. Most say to adjust Dolby Digital sound options, but that isn't even an option. Even if it was, every other app works just fine, and we're not talking about Billy Bob's Discount Streaming Stick, it's a Fire TV Stick, and it should not be on the customer to troubleshoot your broken app. Fix it by the end of January or I will permanently cancel my account. This is absolutely ridiculous.

FireTVStick4K,

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:34 AM

Apparently I wasn't clear before, so I'll repeat myself...

If every single other app on the firestick works fine, I should not have to find solutions to make your app work correctly.

If Amazon, and Google, and Hulu, and Paramount, and HBO, and Disney, and others can make an app that just works, I don't see why Apple can't as well.

Seriously, what do they have that you don't? Better software engineers? Better quality control? Product development departments who realize that some people appreciate their content, but prefer another companies hardware, and therefore ensure that their software works, on at least the most commonly used hardware alternatives to their own products?

Your one of the biggest companies on earth, you can do better, can't you?

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Apparently I wasn't clear before, so I'll repeat myself...

If every single other app on the firestick works fine, I should not have to find solutions to make your app work correctly.

If Amazon, and Google, and Hulu, and Paramount, and HBO, and Disney, and others can make an app that just works, I don't see why Apple can't as well.

Seriously, what do they have that you don't? Better software engineers? Better quality control? Product development departments who realize that some people appreciate their content, but prefer another companies hardware, and therefore ensure that their software works, on at least the most commonly used hardware alternatives to their own products?

Your one of the biggest companies on earth, you can do better, can't you?

Jan 15, 2022 5:47 PM in response to Jeff_W.

I had the same problem on my projector (low quality one) which is not supporting Dolby digital

In other apps, we are seeing the option to change the audio type other than Dolby Digital. Apple TV App doesn’t have that option

I resolved the problem by switching off the Dolby digital in Fire TV audio settings

Recommendation for Apple team is to provide audio type selection in your application

hope this helps

Dec 27, 2021 8:23 AM in response to ThisIsAweful

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ThisIsAweful.

We understand you get no sound when playing content from the Apple TV app via your Amazon Fire TV Stick. We'd like to help you get this resolved.

Try out these basic steps and test out the sound after each one:

1. Restart the Apple TV+ app.
  2. Unplug your Amazon Fire TV Stick, restart your TV, and then plug your Amazon Fire TV Stick back in.
  3. Update the software on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
  4. In the settings for your Amazon Fire TV Stick, try turning off Dolby Digital+.
  5. Uninstall and then reinstall the Apple TV+ app.

If you need help completing any of the steps above, or more help is needed after trying those steps, reach out to Amazon Fire TV Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Apple TV plus no sound on Fire Stick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.