You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Login Error

I have a login error. Can someone please help me fix it? When I try to login to my Apple ID on my Mac Book Pro, I get the error: AASignInErrors error -8004. Does anyone know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 8:39 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2021 10:26 PM in response to Peter2220

Peter2220 Said:

"Apple ID Login Error: I have a login error. Can someone please help me fix it? When I try to login to my Apple ID on my Mac Book Pro, I get the error: AASignInErrors error -8004. Does anyone know how to fix it?"

-------

Some Thoughts:

• Reboot your Mac:

Perhaps you have installed an update, and you need to restart your Mac?

• Try Booting into Safe Mode:

(Hold Down: shift key upon boot), eating thirty seconds, and then rebooting the Mac normally. In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run, and unneeded items that the macOS no longer has a use for are rid of. So, when you reboot normally, items may be fixed and not operate how they should

• Single Out this User:

See if you are able to log in using a new Admin User. If so, it is likely something in the current user causing all of this

• Contact Apple Support:

As you might suspect, no one here would know the reason for this occurrence, of course. So, contact Apple Support. They’ll know why this occurred and will run you right through the fix.

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due do lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Apple ID Login Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.