You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

findmy on my friends phone can only find my nam

my spouse's iphone and my son's iphone can only see my name, no location on Find My

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 5:37 PM

Are you actively sharing your location from one of your devices? Link-> Share your location with your family - Apple Support

If you aren’t sharing a location, then it won’t appear on Find My for other people. The shared shared location will not specify a device, just the device’s location you chose to share from.

If you need to find a specific device, then log into iCloud.com with your Apple ID to find your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2021 5:37 PM in response to Chimago

Are you actively sharing your location from one of your devices? Link-> Share your location with your family - Apple Support

If you aren’t sharing a location, then it won’t appear on Find My for other people. The shared shared location will not specify a device, just the device’s location you chose to share from.

If you need to find a specific device, then log into iCloud.com with your Apple ID to find your devices.

findmy on my friends phone can only find my nam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.