You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11 camera has a mind of it's own

For the last few days my iPhone 11 camera is constantly turning itself on when I pull it out of my pocket or leave it lying on my desk. It's creepy and it's draining my battery.

I've done a number of things to no avail

a) I restarted my iPhone;

b) I updated to the latest IOS;

c) I went to Settings/Privacy/Camera and turned off all apps that requested access to the camera;

and finally . . .

d) I backed everything up to the iCloud, reset my iPhone and restored my apps and data.

Nothing works, if anything the camera seems to be turning on more quickly.

Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:29 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2022 4:00 PM in response to Raicya

Thank you for taking the time to answer my issue. Agreed, but I consciously put the phone on the desk and turn it off, only to discover its 'awake' again with the camera function. What's weird is, I pick it up and go to close the camera app and it's not open. My wife usually says I'm nuts but took my phone and experienced the same issue within minutes. Good news is, us old folks agree on something, haha!

Dec 31, 2021 2:24 AM in response to Mac-K1

Mac-K1 wrote:

For the last few days my iPhone 11 camera is constantly turning itself on when I pull it out of my pocket or leave it lying on my desk.

That depends on how you take the iPhone out of your pocket and/or how you hold the iPhone when you put it on the desk.

Unconscious action can trigger the camera to be activated.

Swiping to the left activates the camera.

My iPhone 11 camera has a mind of it's own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.