You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emergency contact on iphone

my emergency contact shows an old phone number not in my contact info. how do i change it?

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 5:56 PM

By "Emergency Contact" do you mean the list of contacts which appears when you touch on the Emergency label on the lock screen?

If so, this list is controlled in the Health app and this draws the information from your Contacts app.

To edit the emergency list open the Health app. Touch on the Summary label (bottom left of the screen) and then on your picture (top right). Touch on Medical ID, then touch on the Edit option. Scroll down to add or remove the name of emergency contacts.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 5:56 PM in response to sherryfromhouston

By "Emergency Contact" do you mean the list of contacts which appears when you touch on the Emergency label on the lock screen?

If so, this list is controlled in the Health app and this draws the information from your Contacts app.

To edit the emergency list open the Health app. Touch on the Summary label (bottom left of the screen) and then on your picture (top right). Touch on Medical ID, then touch on the Edit option. Scroll down to add or remove the name of emergency contacts.

emergency contact on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.