You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls

There’s a handful of numbers in my phonebook that I can’t text or call. I can receive messages from them but I can’t return them. They can call me but I can’t call them. They have not blocked me. And they used to work fine. It just started happening about a week ago. When I try them to send a text I get a ” not delivered”. The only workaround I have found is to contact them via Facebook messenger. All my software is updated. Please help thank you

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 7:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 8:22 PM

I have full service. Everything on the phone works. There’s just about five or six numbers that I regularly use that just stop working. They can contact me but I cannot contact them. They are close friends of mine and are frustrated that I’m not returning any other texts or phone calls.

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2021 8:22 PM in response to TheLittles

I have full service. Everything on the phone works. There’s just about five or six numbers that I regularly use that just stop working. They can contact me but I cannot contact them. They are close friends of mine and are frustrated that I’m not returning any other texts or phone calls.

Dec 30, 2021 8:37 PM in response to TikiKing

TikiKing Said:

"Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls: I have full service. Everything on the phone works. There’s just about five or six numbers that I regularly use that just stop working. They can contact me but I cannot contact them. They are close friends of mine and are frustrated that I’m not returning any other texts or phone calls."

-------

Where to go from here:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of iCloud:

Dec 30, 2021 7:48 PM in response to TikiKing

TikiKing Said:

"Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls"

-------

Use these Two Links:

"No Service":

Is "No Service" shown on the top-left corner of your screen? If so, go here to fix this: If you See No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Jan 24, 2022 9:19 AM in response to TikiKing

TikiKing Said:

"Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls: I went to the Apple store. They said it sounded more like a carrier problem and sent me to the AT&T store. [...]A primary and travel line and they were both on at the same time. I imagine this happened during an update [...]turned off the travel line and everything went back to normal."

-------

👍Excellent job troubleshooting, on your part!

Why it Happened: You may have been connected to a VPN at the time. ⚠️ Keep off of VPNs, as they can get in the way, and this is a pure example of how and why.

Can you Provide a Screenshot?:

Do your Part: Providing a screenshot would help may for certain. Important: Leave out personal info by covering it with items like rectangles. See Here: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Jan 1, 2022 3:16 PM in response to TikiKing

TikiKing Said:

"I contacted AT&T. We were on the phone for over an hour. Did all the resetting that they could imagine. We have determined that my texting isn’t working. I can only contact people that have iPhones. They said it’s a known iPhone 13 problem. They created a case number for me and they’re going to get back to me. We will see how it goes"

-------

Thanks for the followup.

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?:

If AT&T cant successfully get this serviced, then contact Apple Support, asking them if they'll replace it. It may be a faulty device. So, contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get this serviced or replaced.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Dec 31, 2021 12:19 AM in response to TikiKing

TikiKing Said:

"Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls: Odd AT&T would prevent me from contacting a few contacts. I notice that all the people I can’t contact do not have iPhones

———-

Edit***

Where to go from here:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of ***Messaging:

It may be a glitch in their system. They provide you with the service. So, if it is not going through, then it is an error on the Carrier’s end, or the recipients’ ends.

Jan 1, 2022 1:35 PM in response to TheLittles

I contacted AT&T. We were on the phone for over an hour. Did all the resetting that they could imagine. We have determined that my texting isn’t working. I can only contact people that have iPhones. They said it’s a known iPhone 13 problem. They created a case number for me and they’re going to get back to me. We will see how it goes

Jan 24, 2022 7:03 AM in response to TheLittles

Fixed! I turned off the travel line.

I went to the Apple store. They said it sounded more like a carrier problem and sent me to the AT&T store. At the AT&T store a young fellow working there named Jonathan looked at my phone for probably less than one minute and solved the problem. Apparently my phone now has two lines. A primary and travel line and they were both on at the same time. I imagine this happened during an update. I’m not quite certain what it was. But he turned off the travel line and everything went back to normal.

Some numbers I can only receive texts and phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.