You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo restore

I had an angry ex girl friend delete all of my photos using my MacBook it happened 2 days ago and I do not have the option to restore my photos from my iPhone and they are not in my iCloud Drive any ideas how I can get them back

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 10:02 AM

Have you been using Time Machine to backup your Mac? Then restore a copy of you Photos Library from the Time Machine backup. when you restore the Photos Library, use the "Restore to ..." option to restore it to a different folder, so you do not overwrite the current Photos Library.

Restore a library from Time Machine in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Restoring from a Time Machine backup can recover all photos that have been downloaded to the Mac in full resolution. If you have been using iCloud Photos with "Optimise Ma Storage" enabled, the optimised photos will be missing.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2022 10:02 AM in response to nmun34

Have you been using Time Machine to backup your Mac? Then restore a copy of you Photos Library from the Time Machine backup. when you restore the Photos Library, use the "Restore to ..." option to restore it to a different folder, so you do not overwrite the current Photos Library.

Restore a library from Time Machine in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

Restoring from a Time Machine backup can recover all photos that have been downloaded to the Mac in full resolution. If you have been using iCloud Photos with "Optimise Ma Storage" enabled, the optimised photos will be missing.

iCloud photo restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.