You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic board issue in my macbook pro 2019

Hi All,

Myn is 24 month old MacBook pro (2019). The device has no physical damage nor any short circuits. A week back when i tried to open my mac it  was not powering on, when i reached to authorised service centre they charged for diagnostics around 2.5K INR and said that logic board is faulty and needs to be replaced ( no physical damage from my side ) . The reason that was provided is “sometimes it happens”. new logic board costs half the price of macbook pro around 55K INR. Which is definitely disappointing .  Since my limited warranty is over, the only option they put for me is to replace logic board on my own cost. This is really disappointing from an apple product as its known for its reliability.

Apple need to repair logic board related issues even if its out of warranty as user has no control on this internal stuff. Had anyone faced the same issue, if so please advice

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 7:09 PM

Things break. It happens to everything eventually. A portable device is much more likely to fail because it is usually being moved around a lot which can cause an otherwise good device to fail prematurely due to the stresses it encounters.

Plus the Logic Boards of the USB-C Macs are only as safe & reliable as the accessories and peripherals you attach to the USB-C ports. In my own personal experience repairing these USB-C Macs is that most of the time (95%+) the failure is due to accidental damage (usually liquid) followed by using cheap (in both senses of the word -- low cost & poorly made) accessories and peripherals which cause damage to the Logic Board. I'm not saying yours is damaged especially since the tech did not mention any accidental damage, but that is what I have personally experienced. Even Apple products can fail pre-maturely even when they are well cared for....it just happens sometimes.

You purchased the computer knowing full well it had a one year manufacturer's warranty. That warranty could also be extended to three years if you had paid for AppleCare+ (is it worth it, I don't know as each person must do the math and assess the risk for themselves). That is the contract you entered with Apple when you purchased the computer. If you did not purchase the extended AppleCare+ warranty, then that original one year warranty contract with Apple has expired.

Of course you can always provide Apple with product feedback here (Apple won't respond):

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Or contact Apple corporate (Apple may respond):

https://www.apple.com/contact/

You can also check your local consumer protection laws.

I doubt if any of these options will help you, but those are the options you have available regarding this laptop.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2022 7:09 PM in response to moham_aejaz

Things break. It happens to everything eventually. A portable device is much more likely to fail because it is usually being moved around a lot which can cause an otherwise good device to fail prematurely due to the stresses it encounters.

Plus the Logic Boards of the USB-C Macs are only as safe & reliable as the accessories and peripherals you attach to the USB-C ports. In my own personal experience repairing these USB-C Macs is that most of the time (95%+) the failure is due to accidental damage (usually liquid) followed by using cheap (in both senses of the word -- low cost & poorly made) accessories and peripherals which cause damage to the Logic Board. I'm not saying yours is damaged especially since the tech did not mention any accidental damage, but that is what I have personally experienced. Even Apple products can fail pre-maturely even when they are well cared for....it just happens sometimes.

You purchased the computer knowing full well it had a one year manufacturer's warranty. That warranty could also be extended to three years if you had paid for AppleCare+ (is it worth it, I don't know as each person must do the math and assess the risk for themselves). That is the contract you entered with Apple when you purchased the computer. If you did not purchase the extended AppleCare+ warranty, then that original one year warranty contract with Apple has expired.

Of course you can always provide Apple with product feedback here (Apple won't respond):

https://www.apple.com/feedback/

Or contact Apple corporate (Apple may respond):

https://www.apple.com/contact/

You can also check your local consumer protection laws.

I doubt if any of these options will help you, but those are the options you have available regarding this laptop.

Logic board issue in my macbook pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.