You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why after 20 years is there a privacy warning on my Wi-Fi network?

Why is there suddenly a privacy warning on my Wi-Fi network and how do I remove it?

no one seems to know

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 2:43 PM

Your iPhone is notifying you that the Wi-Fi Network that it is connected to does not have adequate security by today's standards. If you are interested in improving the security of your Wi-Fi then you can log into the Router and change the security settings to WPA2 (AES) in the least. If you do not know how to log into your Wi-Fi Router then please refer to the owner's manual. If you do not have the owner's manual the please contact the support team of the Router's manufacturer / provider.

More information here ➔ Recommended Settings for Wi-Fi Routers & Access Points. 

Axel F.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2022 2:43 PM in response to MDFGibbs

Your iPhone is notifying you that the Wi-Fi Network that it is connected to does not have adequate security by today's standards. If you are interested in improving the security of your Wi-Fi then you can log into the Router and change the security settings to WPA2 (AES) in the least. If you do not know how to log into your Wi-Fi Router then please refer to the owner's manual. If you do not have the owner's manual the please contact the support team of the Router's manufacturer / provider.

More information here ➔ Recommended Settings for Wi-Fi Routers & Access Points. 

Axel F.

Why after 20 years is there a privacy warning on my Wi-Fi network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.