You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shut off Find my Iphone

how do you shut off find my Iphone without erasing the phone so I can send it to Apple to be fixed?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 5:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 5:45 PM

See these ways to turn off Find My iPhone. Turn off Find My on your devices and items - Apple Support

6 replies

Jan 2, 2022 6:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Phone is backed up so I do have to erase it to send it in for fixing? I went to an appointment on Saturday and they said take it to Apple so I am trying to send it in. Apple has no appointments close to me and I live in one of the biggest cities in the country. I believe now I have to erase the phone and not "turn off find my iPhone". Correct? Also, do I need to remove the SIM as well when I send it in?

Jan 2, 2022 6:24 PM in response to mminestre

If you went to an appointment on Saturday, where was that at? So if you have a backup, what is the problem with erasing the phone? If Apple wants you to turn off Find My iPhone, you cannot seem to do that from iCloud.com? Now you ask about not erasing? You are going to have to turn off Find My iPhone to be able to erase the device. I would remove the SIM.

Shut off Find my Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.