You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home App crashes as soon as I select home setting.

I don't know if this is solved but I have still this problem with the home-app.

My homekit devices are all working fine thru home app including automation.

Problem is as soon as I click home settings, it just crashes and exits out to home screen. When I go back to Home app, it's working, then I select home setting, same thing.

I can select room setting, edit screen, add scene, accessaries. Only home settings is causing a crash/app-close.

So I can't even delete home or add/remove family members.

Logging out of iCloud didn't work, restoring doesn't work as it brings everything back to how it was.

I have added my wife and when I check her phone, I can see home setting, but she is not the admin.

I even tried this on my macbook to see home app and once I select home settings, it just crashes/closes.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:11 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

2 replies

Home App crashes as soon as I select home setting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.