You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

old data

How can I delete an app and it's data from icloud? I delete it off my phone, but when I reinstall it I get the outdated data

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 1:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 3:03 PM

Apps are not stored in iCloud. App data may/may not be stored in the cloud (that depends on the app). You can see if your app uses iCloud storage at Settings > Apple ID > iCloud (look at the list and toggle on/off). To delete an app and data, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and select the app.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2022 3:03 PM in response to cindypas

Apps are not stored in iCloud. App data may/may not be stored in the cloud (that depends on the app). You can see if your app uses iCloud storage at Settings > Apple ID > iCloud (look at the list and toggle on/off). To delete an app and data, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and select the app.

old data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.