You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stolen phone need to change phone number

how am i able to change my phone number on my account or add another phone? Ian trying to login to my account on a new phone because old phone was stolen and i can no longer use that old phone number

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 5:31 PM

1 reply

Jan 4, 2022 3:10 PM in response to RocxelB

Hello RocxelB, 

Apple Support Communities is a great place for help with your Apple ID, and we’re glad you were directed here from the Two-factor authentication for Apple ID article. It sounds as though you’re attempting to log in to your Apple ID on your new iPhone, but not receiving the verification code due to getting a new phone number. If so, you may be able to retrieve a verification code using the steps in the following article.

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If you’re unable to retrieve a verification code, the next step would be to request account recovery. You can find those steps outlined in the article below. 

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

While the title of the article references not being able to reset your Apple ID password, these steps are the right course of action for regaining access to your Apple ID. Once you’ve been able to regain access to your Apple ID, you can update your trusted phone number to your new phone number. 

Take care!

stolen phone need to change phone number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.