You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer ripped CD music from my old phone to new one?

I have an iPhone 5c, and the external drive that held my music referenced by iTunes unfortunately seems to have died. :,( I had a lot of music on it. Many hours of ripping my CDs and setting up iTunes library.

I am purchasing a new IPhone 13, and I want to transfer my music to it. Obviously with the non-functional drive, I cannot use iTunes library to transfer the music. Is there any other way I can get these ripped music files from the iPhone 5c to the iPhone 13? Can iTunes do this by now? (It’s been awhile since I updated it…..I mean, awhile.) Any other program that can do this? There are also wonderful personally recorded mp3s that are irreplaceable. I need something that can pull these files losslessly from the iPhone 5c onto anything else so I can get them to the new iPhone.

thanks for any help on this.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 6:22 PM

You cannot retrieve music files from the phone. Since the drive that held your music files has died, you will need to rip them again.

Similar questions

2 replies

How do I transfer ripped CD music from my old phone to new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.