You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying or renting a movie

I'm new on AppleTV+. I have two silly questions:

1. What's the difference between buying and renting a movie?
  2. When I have an Apple TV+ subscription, do I still need to pay for each film I want to watch?

Thanks,

Niels

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 11:57 PM

appletv+ is streaming subscription of apple produced material

apple also have itunes store where one can purchase or rent third party material

these 2 are separate things and the appletv+ subscription has no impact on the rent purchases

the difference between rent and purchase is one give you access to media continuously

the other is a timeframe where you can view it and then if you wish to do so again you need to rent or purchase it once more

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2022 11:57 PM in response to niels235

appletv+ is streaming subscription of apple produced material

apple also have itunes store where one can purchase or rent third party material

these 2 are separate things and the appletv+ subscription has no impact on the rent purchases

the difference between rent and purchase is one give you access to media continuously

the other is a timeframe where you can view it and then if you wish to do so again you need to rent or purchase it once more

Buying or renting a movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.