You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove mail alias name on iphone

Used 3 email accounts for years: Main Apple Account, Friend Email, & Business Email. Removed my Friend Email (after having all new forwarded to Main Apple). I then added an email alias to my Main Apple Account, but I then began noticing a problem with sending servers. Since this only happened after adding an alias, I got rid of all my server info, removed the email alias and things were as they were.. I am back to using my Main Apple Account email all the time. However, when I create a mail message or share an item on any of my iOS devices, the 'from' area on emails still shows my alias name. This ONLY happens on iphone/iPad. I can't find any way to stop that from happening. What am I missing?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 3:59 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2022 5:07 AM in response to DJMc

I’m not entirely sure that I understand the nature of your problem, or what you’re trying to achieve - but I’ll make an educated guess…

When composing a new mail, you may be seeing an a suggested (recent) email address that corresponds with an email address that you no longer use - and would like to remove this from the list of suggested recipient email addresses?

Next to the suggested email address, you may find a blue “i” icon. Tap the icon to show an options menu:

From the list of options, tap the Remove From Recents option, highlighted in red text:

If you have a different problem, you’ll need to provide more explanation - perhaps with a screenshot or two, as a picture can sometimes convey a problem that words alone can be difficult be difficult to articulate.

Jan 5, 2022 6:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

LotusPilot,

When I create an email in IOS, the suggested info comes from my Contacts. That is not the problem I am facing. It is the Cc/Bcc, From section of the email. What shows as a default is the alias address I created. I am able to choose another address, but I want that alias (which I no longer use & have removed it from my mail app on my iMac) to go away. I have chosen my full Apple Account email address as my default. I am sure there is a location in IOS settings that will fix this, but I can't find it.

How to remove mail alias name on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.