You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quick format bar missing on Notes app with iOS15+ updates

Has anyone found a way to get the quick format bar back into the Notes app on an IPad Air? I had it pre-update, now it’s gone. I’ve tried updating the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, to no avail.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 8:45 AM

Thank-you for your reply. Where exactly is the Aa option? Before the update to iOS15+, it WAS available, it no longer is. I have used this app since I got my first ipad, and never had any issues, until this one. The Aa option doesn’t even appear in the app photo in the link you provided. I could use the shortcuts to change italic, bold, etc., but there are no options anywhere to change heading styles.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 6, 2022 8:45 AM in response to AnnieL2

Thank-you for your reply. Where exactly is the Aa option? Before the update to iOS15+, it WAS available, it no longer is. I have used this app since I got my first ipad, and never had any issues, until this one. The Aa option doesn’t even appear in the app photo in the link you provided. I could use the shortcuts to change italic, bold, etc., but there are no options anywhere to change heading styles.

Jan 6, 2022 8:18 AM in response to Sorceress53

Greetings Sorceress53, 

We understand that you’re looking for a formatting bar in the Notes app on your iPad. 

After you’ve typed a note, to change the formatting you should be able to tap the ‘Aa’ option and change things like the font style, adding bullets, etc. Take notes on iPad.

Let us know if that doesn’t provide what you’re looking for. 

Thanks. 

Jan 7, 2022 8:15 AM in response to Sorceress53

Sorceress53, 

Another thing you can try is viewing the keyboard shortcuts available for use with the external keyboard. You can view the shortcuts on an app by app basis.

In the Notes app when you press and hold the Command key on your external keyboard do you then see a list of keyboard shortcuts? That is described in the following article under section, 'Use keyboard shortcuts'. It also has information for viewing the system-wide keyboard shortcuts. Use shortcuts on an Apple external keyboard with iPad.

If we need to continue working on this situation, we'd like to have you connect with Apple Support to get this solved. Here's that link as well - Contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

quick format bar missing on Notes app with iOS15+ updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.