You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I use the original email "@mac.com" Can I stop receiving "@icloud.com" emails?

I was one of the early adopters for getting an @mac.com email. Over the years Apple added @me.com and @icloud.com so if anyone emails any of those addresses I get them all in my @mac.com inbox.

Lately I've been getting a lot of emails to my @icloud.com address. Mostly these emails are a result of people using that address when signing up for accounts with stores. Is there a way I can make it so any emails coming to the @icloud.com simply bounce back to the sender as undeliverable?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 2:34 PM

You can set up some email rules on icloud.com but none are sophisticated enough to bounce a message back to the sender. But maybe there is something in the rules you will find useful. Check out this article from Apple for more information.

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/set-up-filtering-rules-mm6b1a3f8a/icloud

The solution for this would likely need to be some kind of add-on to your email client and probably would not work consistently from platform to platform.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2022 2:34 PM in response to Lanny Walker

You can set up some email rules on icloud.com but none are sophisticated enough to bounce a message back to the sender. But maybe there is something in the rules you will find useful. Check out this article from Apple for more information.

https://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/set-up-filtering-rules-mm6b1a3f8a/icloud

The solution for this would likely need to be some kind of add-on to your email client and probably would not work consistently from platform to platform.

I use the original email "@mac.com" Can I stop receiving "@icloud.com" emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.