You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 11’s microphone creates a white noise when recording voice.

I got a brand new iPhone 11 3 weeks ago and I just noticed that the microphone creates a white noise (like an airplane noise) whenever I record my voice and when I’m on a phone call, but my microphone works fine on videos. I want to know if anyone else are experiencing the same or is it just me? My dad bought this for me and I’m afraid to tell him that I’m having this issue.

The noise sounds like this https://youtu.be/WbEGmghn_jo.

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 1:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 4:38 AM

Hello,

If you have a case on your phone, remove it and try again. Also see:

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Note: then test with the Voice Memos app.

Good luck.

3 replies

Jan 6, 2022 5:59 PM in response to MrBill3

It still sounds the same. Is there anything I could possibly do for the meantime? The Apple Authorized Repair Center in my area has no reservations currently available, and I can’t go outside due to the restrictions imposed by the government because of the pandemic. I tried choosing another date yet reservations aren’t available.

My iPhone 11’s microphone creates a white noise when recording voice.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.