You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone connects to wifi but cannot access internet

My iphone 6s running IOS 15.1 recently stopped being able to access internet, via Wifi and via cellular data. I have tried virtually all the recommended troubleshooting steps, eg:

• trying different wifi networks (my network isn't the problem)
  • rebooting router (no change, and other devices are working fine on same network)
  • turning phone/airport/wifi off and on
  • turning wifi off and trying to use cellular data
  • turning VPN off
  • kicking out SIM and replacing it
  • "forgetting" and re-entering wifi networks
  • resetting networks setting
  • the only thing I can't do is a complete restore, because that requires me to turn off "Find My", and to do that I need to enter my Apple ID, and to do that I need internet.
  • I have tried a couple of dodgy 3rd-party apps which purport to bypass the step above but that didn't work.

Any other ideas? TIA

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2022 10:38 AM

Check the mobile network, see this Apple article: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

Similar questions

3 replies

iphone connects to wifi but cannot access internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.