You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro has a black screen and doesnt start up? what can i do to force it to, doesnt work in safe mode either

My macbook pro has a black screen and doesnt start up? No noise no fan no nothing! what can i do to force it to, doesnt work in safe mode either

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 8:33 AM

Thanks for that! I'd try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) and see if it helps: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support (CA)

5 replies

Jan 8, 2022 11:27 AM in response to Jamesfr9

One of the simplest things your Mac can do is start up in Startup Assistant.

Hold Option at startup, and it should draw a gray screen, then over the course fo several minutes, it will try to discover if any drives are attached that are bootable, and add an icon for each one. This code is all in ROM, so your drive can be in almost any state and you will get the gray screen.

my macbook pro has a black screen and doesnt start up? what can i do to force it to, doesnt work in safe mode either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.