You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What iPad to get

Should i get the 200gb iPad Pro or 500gb?

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 6:57 AM

Only knowing your real needs of keeping everything online on that device (specifically photos, videos, documents, or messages/whatsapp conversations, heavy apps) can help you decide for the best.

The rule says: it is better to be abundant than to be scarce... but for example, for my needs a 128GB device is more than enough.

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2022 6:57 AM in response to Lilybayliss

Only knowing your real needs of keeping everything online on that device (specifically photos, videos, documents, or messages/whatsapp conversations, heavy apps) can help you decide for the best.

The rule says: it is better to be abundant than to be scarce... but for example, for my needs a 128GB device is more than enough.

Regards

Giulio

Jan 8, 2022 2:59 PM in response to Lilybayliss

If you are like me, I tend to use up the internal data storage space I am given.

My next Apple purchase, this year is upgrade my old 2015/2016, 12.9 inch screen, 256 GBs iPad Pro to either a 500 GBs or 1.0 TB model iPad Pro ( not certain if I will keep the 12.9 inch screen size or downgrade to the 11 inch screen model).

Get whatever intenal data storage space model you can absolutely, financially, afford.

256 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx. 238.5GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves 231.0 GBs.

Minus 3-6 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 224-228 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

512 GBs storage iPad starts out with approx.476.5 GBs.,after initial internal flash drive formatting.

Minus approx. 6.5 GBs for iOS/iPadOS leaves between 470-471GBs.

Minus 3-6 GBs, for iOS/iPadOS system operational reserve, that MUST BE MAINTAINED AT ALL TIMES, to ensure/insure normal, expected operation of iOS/iPad OS, leaves approx. between 465-468 GBs of actual, usable data storage space.

Best of Luck to You!

What iPad to get

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.