You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have a receipt for the product anymore what can I do to for proof that I own the product?

My ex-wife used this iPad mini that I had. she left and I still have the iPad. I want to use it again but I can not get past the activation lock. I do not have the receipt to show the proof I own this iPad. What else can I do to get this unlocked so I can use it? The iPad has been erased back to factory default also I am unable to locate my ex-wife to get any information from her.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 2:17 PM

Without the receipt Apple will generally not help, but you can try the instructions here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201441

6 replies

Jan 8, 2022 3:38 PM in response to sterling140

Without the original sales receipt as the ONLY proof of purchase Apple/Apple stores will accept, there is nothing that can be done.

That iPad is, now, a dead, useless device.

If this is a very old iPad model ( like 9-10-years old ) it is not worth any efforrts to attempt to resurrect such an old device.

Old iPad models are too old and obsolete and have NO MORE support and NO WAY to get old apps for such old iOS devices, any longer.

Sorry.

I do not have a receipt for the product anymore what can I do to for proof that I own the product?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.