You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Budget in Numbers App

I created a budget using the personal budget template in the Numbers App. However it does not give me the option of selecting my newly created categories in the transactions. So I basically cannot add any transactions unless I only use the default categories. How can I get it to ‘update’ to my edited categories. Everything changes/updates in the budget tab but nothing changes in the transactions tab. I am using an iPad air4

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 11:37 PM

Creating new categories in the Budget does not automatically add those categories to the Transactions table or to any other table. You need to do that manually.

If you have added the new categories into a pop-up menu, Copy the cell containing that menu, then go to the Summary sheet and add as many rows to the table as you have new categories. Select the cells in the Categories column of the new rows, then Paste.

Set the pop-up menus in these cells to the new categories, then fill the formulas in the Totals column from the existing cells into the new rows.

As you'veposted this question in the Numbers for Mac community, but say you are using Numbers on an iPad, the process may differ. You may want to repost your question in the iWork for iOS community.

Regards,

Barry

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2022 11:37 PM in response to Warrior3113

Creating new categories in the Budget does not automatically add those categories to the Transactions table or to any other table. You need to do that manually.

If you have added the new categories into a pop-up menu, Copy the cell containing that menu, then go to the Summary sheet and add as many rows to the table as you have new categories. Select the cells in the Categories column of the new rows, then Paste.

Set the pop-up menus in these cells to the new categories, then fill the formulas in the Totals column from the existing cells into the new rows.

As you'veposted this question in the Numbers for Mac community, but say you are using Numbers on an iPad, the process may differ. You may want to repost your question in the iWork for iOS community.

Regards,

Barry

Personal Budget in Numbers App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.