You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can 2 people husband wife share one account

getting ready to upgrade phones can my wife and myself share one icloud account ?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:13 PM

You should each have your own Apple ID. You can share purchased content by setting up and using Family Sharing.

See this for more information.

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 10, 2022 2:19 PM in response to rock702

Hello Apple Community User,

Thank you for participating in Apple Discussions!

Technically you can, it’s not illegal or anything, but I advise you to not, and use iCloud Family to help keep your accounts connected, but at the same time, your information separated. Ive had to help multiple friends and family members untangle themselves after making this mistake of sharing an Apple ID for years and once in it, you never wont to get out of it because it takes hours on end to transfer information. But if you still want to, make one Apple ID, then when setting up the other iPhone, log into the same account instead. I’ll leave some links below to help guide you through setting up an Apple ID and if you want, Family Sharing.

How To Create a New Apple ID - Apple Support

For family sharing to work, make sure you have two Apple IDs made before setting this up.

Setup Family Sharing - Apple Support

If you are new to the iPhone and Apple world, I suggest checking out the Apple Support YouTube channel to help get you started with iPhone, link to the channel below as well as I’ll leave a direct link to the iPhone playlist.

iPhone - YouTube Playlist

Setup a New iPhone- YouTube Playlist

Sincerely,

Captain

Links:

Apple Support

Direct Categories:

Mac Support

iPad Support

iPhone Support

Apple Watch Support

Apple TV Support

AirPods Support

Apple Music Support

Other Helpful Direct Links:

Apple Repair Support

Forgot Apple ID or Password Support

Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Billing and Subscription Support

Apple Support YouTube Channel

Apple YouTube Channel

can 2 people husband wife share one account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.