You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my microphone button missing below the Text App text entry field?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:09 PM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:51 AM in response to KevinB435

Greetings KevinB435,

It sounds as though you’re not seeing the microphone on the keyboard when in the Messages application.

You’ve come to a wonderful place for help, and we’re glad you were directed here from the Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch article. 

Since noticing the microphone is missing, have you verified Dictation is enabled in Settings > General > Keyboard? If not, make sure Enable Dictation has a green toggle next to it. If you have to enable that feature, return to the app you’re wanting to use Dictation with, and test to see if the microphone appears.

If the microphone is still missing, the next step would be to restart the iPhone and verify you’re running the latest iOS. You can find those steps in the following articles. 

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have a great day! 

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.