You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible to let alarm (Nest Protect, smoke alarms) sound audible alarms despite using "do not disturb" and similar modes?

Hi!

I am planning on setting up smoke detectors from Google Nest Protect, and I started thinking about what would happen if the fire alarm goes of (away from home) while I'm sleeping and my iPhone is in "do not disturb" or "sleeping" mode? Will the app still be able to sound the alarm (literally sound an audible alarm on the phone), or is it possible to manually add apps to a "safe" list to allow them to function normally despite any modes (DND etc.) being active?

How can I make sure an app will always be able to sound audible alarms as long as the phone is on, despite using "DND" or other muting modes?

Thank you =)

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 10:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:06 AM

Anterialis wrote:

is it possible to manually add apps to a "safe" list to allow them to function normally despite any modes (DND etc.) being active?

It's possible to add apps to the "Allowed Notifications" section of any Focus profile. Note that you have to add it manually to each Focus profile.

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 6:06 AM in response to Anterialis

Anterialis wrote:

is it possible to manually add apps to a "safe" list to allow them to function normally despite any modes (DND etc.) being active?

It's possible to add apps to the "Allowed Notifications" section of any Focus profile. Note that you have to add it manually to each Focus profile.

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Possible to let alarm (Nest Protect, smoke alarms) sound audible alarms despite using "do not disturb" and similar modes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.