You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications not working

I recently migrated my setup to the new iPhone 13 pro max. My profile was stored on the iCloud. Now my WhatsApp, Gmail and other app notifications simply aren’t working. When my phone is locked there’s no notification. And when my phone is opened the app icons no longer show in the top right hand corner that I have something new to look at.

So far I’ve tried the nuclear option of resetting my phone and reloading my profile, deleting my focus, checking everything I can find in my notification settings, looking at the settings within each app, restarting my phone a few times - nothing seems to work. I’m tearing my hair out.

Any suggestions?

What I haven’t done (yet) is manually delete and reinstall every single app on my phone, and I’ve a lot! That will take a long time and may not work.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 11:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:31 AM

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ... 
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 1:31 AM in response to seanroryquinn

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ... 
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Notifications not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.