You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost pictures and videos that were on my old iPhone

I had photos and videos on a iPhone 7 and would like to recover them to my iPhone 11

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:52 AM

Mightymousetimanderson Said:

"I lost pictures and videos that were on my old iPhone: I had photos and videos on a iPhone 7 and would like to recover them to my iPhone 11 [...]:My phone 7was lost I’ve got new iPhone number that I would like recovered photos and videos sent to"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Four Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card
7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 12:52 AM in response to Mightymousetimanderson

"I lost pictures and videos that were on my old iPhone: I had photos and videos on a iPhone 7 and would like to recover them to my iPhone 11 [...]:My phone 7was lost I’ve got new iPhone number that I would like recovered photos and videos sent to"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Photos:

Four Things to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud, Directly:

For Photos: Go here, and see if they reside in iCloudhttps://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Restore your iPhone from a Backup:

Have any backups of this iPhone prior to this occurrence? If so, restore your iPhone from one that has these photos (the most recent backup, ideally). If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always back up your device for recovery purposes. Important: Back up you iPhone prior to performing this restoration, should anything go wrong from here on out.

D. Where Else to Check:

1. PC
  2. PDA
  3. eMail
  4. Mac Device
  5. Cloud Storage
  6. Android Phone
  7. USB Flash Drive
  8. External Hard drive
  9. Secure Digital Card
  10. Compact Flash Card

Jan 11, 2022 12:40 AM in response to Mightymousetimanderson

That physically cannot be done. If you did not back up the phone and did not have iCloud Photos turned on then they are lost. Nobody can get to them.

Sign into iCloud.com and see if your photos are there.

Then

Please  look at this Apple article and my additional advice below it:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Tracking lost or stolen phones

The 'Find My' tracking is to help you discover if you left your phone in the office or the restaurant. Lost or Stolen phones are rarely ever seen again.

Risk mitigation

Get your provider to 

Cancel your SIM.

Send you a replacement SIM on same number.

You can then put the SIM in another iPhone to get the codes you will need.

Phishing warning

Its possible for a thief to obtain your phone number particularly if you did not have a PIN set on the SIM.  So do not respond to texts to sign into your account! They are NOT from Apple!

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Resign to the fact that if you had a passcode set and you do not provide your Apple ID via phishing texts then your data is safe but you will never see the phone again.

Jan 11, 2022 9:29 PM in response to TheLittles

-------

As a followup...

Who One Worked?

Do Your Part: Which of my 4 provided options was the successful option. Providing that would help many for certain..

I lost pictures and videos that were on my old iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.