You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM card transfer to new phone

I am with Mint Mobile and want to purchase new Apple phone. Can I just put in new sim card, and will it fit in new Apple phone to get all my information transferred, and the carrier also?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 7:59 AM

The SIM contains no data, its sole purpose is to tie your phone number to your carrier. You can usually just move the SIM to the new phone to transfer your service to it, but ask your carrier to be sure; if you are getting a phone with 5G coverage (iPhone 12 or 13) you may need a different SIM.

Moving content is a separate step. Here is how to get content transferred→Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 7:59 AM in response to donnegay

The SIM contains no data, its sole purpose is to tie your phone number to your carrier. You can usually just move the SIM to the new phone to transfer your service to it, but ask your carrier to be sure; if you are getting a phone with 5G coverage (iPhone 12 or 13) you may need a different SIM.

Moving content is a separate step. Here is how to get content transferred→Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

SIM card transfer to new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.