You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Adapter Extension Cable for 140 watt charger for 2021 Macbook Pro

Will there be a power adapter extension cable with a duckhead rated at 7A to use with the 140 watt charger?

The label on box for the power adapter extension cable says it is "Compatible with MagSafe 2 power adapters and 10W, 12W, 29W, 61W, and 87W USB power adapters." This differs what it says on the website regarding the power adapter extension. As a customer, I am inclined to follow what it says on the box label, plus the duckheads are rated differently - 2.5A for the Magsafe 2(same as the power adapter extension cable) and 7A for the 140 watt charger and its duckhead(model A1555)

Thank you for your consideration of this feedback. I appreciate it.

Aloha, kenison

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:21 AM

worldtruth wrote:

Will there be a power adapter extension cable with a duckhead rated at 7A to use with the 140 watt charger?
The label on box for the power adapter extension cable says it is "Compatible with MagSafe 2 power adapters and 10W, 12W, 29W, 61W, and 87W USB power adapters." This differs what it says on the website regarding the power adapter extension. As a customer, I am inclined to follow what it says on the box label, plus the duckheads are rated differently - 2.5A for the Magsafe 2(same as the power adapter extension cable) and 7A for the 140 watt charger and its duckhead(model A1555)
Aloha, kenison

The 3-prong grounded extension cable is interchangeable.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 10:21 AM in response to worldtruth

worldtruth wrote:

Aloha, kenison

The 3-prong grounded extension cable is interchangeable.

Power Adapter Extension Cable - Apple

Jan 11, 2022 5:29 PM in response to worldtruth

worldtruth wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I appreciated it. Yes, I totally agree, the duckhead from the 3-prong extension cable fits the 140 Watt charger. What is concerning and where I have a question is the box label does not list the MagSafe3 charger 140 Watt as compatible and also the amperage ratings for the duckheads are different - 2.5A vs 7.0A.

right.

It is an extension cord—they are universal.

Power Adapter Extension Cable for 140 watt charger for 2021 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.