You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting a page template

I modified a page within a template in Pages (11.2). Now I want to delete that modified page. Can I do that without deleting the entire template?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:37 PM

Open the template in Pages and remove the offending page. Then save it as a template again, this time, with a different name. When you are satisfied the revision is working, then you can open the Template Chooser, right-click on the original Template in My Templates and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 1:37 PM in response to gordoon

Open the template in Pages and remove the offending page. Then save it as a template again, this time, with a different name. When you are satisfied the revision is working, then you can open the Template Chooser, right-click on the original Template in My Templates and choose Delete from the pop-up menu.

Jan 12, 2022 2:36 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure how I remove the offending page. I had clicked on a page from the page templates, and then clicked on "edit page template". After editing, I clicked on Format-Advanced-Create page template from this page. So I had created a new page template, "Text with photo copy". When I realized I needed to make one further edit to the original page, I went through the same process. That produced another page, Text with photo copy copy". I just want to delete the first copy. Is that possible without going through your steps? If not, I'll just ignore the first copy.

Deleting a page template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.