You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to move a folder to a higher level folder, and after an error message "could not complete operation" the folder has disappeared. Where is it and how do I retrieve it?

I tried to move a folder to a higher level folder, and after an error message "could not complete operation" the folder has disappeared. Where is it and how do I retrieve it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 10:44 AM

mkdrum wrote:

? Did you try a Spotlight search for your folder...

Command–Space bar to Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Command Z typically will undo the very last command/action...

If no insight or resolve—

High level folder where?

What folder are you trying to move?

see if there is anything here—

ref: About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 10:44 AM in response to mkdrum

mkdrum wrote:

? Did you try a Spotlight search for your folder...

Command–Space bar to Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Command Z typically will undo the very last command/action...

If no insight or resolve—

High level folder where?

What folder are you trying to move?

see if there is anything here—

ref: About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210650

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.