You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trade in iphone without apple id

Hello,

I got an old iPhone 8 from a client ( which she hasn't used for over a year ) as she told me I would be able to trade it in when purchasing the new iPhone 13 and she got a new work phone hence she didn't need the iPhone 8 anymore.

The phone is all empty in regards to like no photos and apps on it... but I can't reset it entirely back to as it would come from the shops as her Apple ID details are still visible and obviously I don't have her password and details - there is no way I can contact her again.

My question is: Can I still trade it in as it is now and send it in the trade in pack? - And Apple will erase this on their part if needed. There is nothing personal on the phone anymore, but again I can still see her Apple ID name and email - she hasn't used the phone for over a year before giving it to me.

Thank you.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 4:57 PM

No. It's not yours. You need to be able to log into the phone to turn off FindMy. If you cannot do that you will not receive trade-in.

1 reply

trade in iphone without apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.