You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Floating keyboard won’t turn off

Somehow I turned on the floating keyboard and now I can’t use the magic keyboard to type. How do I stop this. I’m referring to using a search engine.

Also, when on zoom and I want to use a whiteboard, I can only use the floating keyboard which is awkward. What can I do?

PS I had been using windows for decades and when I needed a new computer, I got persuaded to use an Apple product and perhaps stupidly, I got the iPad Pro as I love the size. I’ve had nothing but adjustment problems ever since. In other words, it’s been a very hard learning curve to the point of regret.

I appreciate your advice. Thanks, Louise

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 6:44 PM

Hi louisemmm, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

If the above link does not resolve your issue, can I suggest you:

• remove your iPad from the Magic Keyboard and place it on again just in case it has not fully connected and that may minimise the internal keyboard, or
  • if the floating keyboard is still showing, pinch out with two fingers, and that should make the keyboard full screen and then press the keyboard down button on the far right bottom to minimise it again.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2022 6:44 PM in response to louisemmm

Hi louisemmm, thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

If the above link does not resolve your issue, can I suggest you:

• remove your iPad from the Magic Keyboard and place it on again just in case it has not fully connected and that may minimise the internal keyboard, or
  • if the floating keyboard is still showing, pinch out with two fingers, and that should make the keyboard full screen and then press the keyboard down button on the far right bottom to minimise it again.

Floating keyboard won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.