You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting text alerts when DND is on

My phone is scheduled to be on do not disturb mode during nighttime hours. I have certain people listed as favorites which will come through if they place a phone call to me. However text messages do not come through except for one person (this just started happening a couple days ago- prior to that, this person‘s text messages would not alert me when the phone was on do not disturb.). Is there any way to fix this? I do not want to receive text messages from anyone when my phone is on do not disturb.

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 7:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 8:20 AM

Hi, this is happening to me as well. I’ve also confirmed that this person is not selected for “Allowed Notifications” in Do Not Disturb settings. I’m still getting text alerts from this one contact. How do I fix this? Thanks!

3 replies

Jan 16, 2022 8:49 AM in response to GinaMLaLa

Hi there GinaMLaLa,

Thanks for taking the time to connect with us here in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're receiving notifications for Messages from one contact while Do Not Disturb is turned on, and you’re asking how to turn the notifications off. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

To begin, do you have any people or apps listed under the Allowed Notifications section in Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb? Have a look at the ‘Change your Do Not Disturb settings’ section of this support article for details:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

“When you turn on a Focus, Messages lets apps and people know you’re busy. If something is urgent, people can choose to notify you anyway.” Keeping that in mind, it’s possible this contact chose to notify you anyway. Learn more in the ‘Set a Focus and schedule a summary of your notifications’ section here:

Change message notifications on iPhone

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Getting text alerts when DND is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.