You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail Compose icon has been replaced with a Two Pages icon that displays a photo of my Inbox

My Gmail Compose icon on my iPad has turned into a Copy (2 pages) icon instead and it displays a photo of my Inbox so I am not able to Compose a new email. Everything else with Gmail works. I just can’t remove the Copy icon and get back to the Compose icon. I don’t know what to do to get the Compose icon back. Everything else with Gmail works. The Compose icon is still on my iPhone.

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 12:06 PM

It sounds like the developer (Google) made some updates to the app. This would not be an Apple issue. If you have any queries about the new update, I suggest speaking to Google's support team.

-- Jay (they/them)

1 reply

Gmail Compose icon has been replaced with a Two Pages icon that displays a photo of my Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.