You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying install windows on my Mac and it says bootcamp can not be used on this Mac

why can't install windows on my new MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 1:35 AM

4 replies

Jan 16, 2022 2:54 AM in response to bismark218

The M1 range of clip sets can't currently install window via Boot camp.

The only way to run Windows is within a VM within Parallels . Specifically Windows 10 or 11 insider versions of the Arm implementations.

Caution this is not an approved method according to Microsoft and therefore not licensed for anything commercial.

The improved M1Pro and Max chipset do work surprisingly well for many software titles , however anything needing graphics acceleration or requiring dongles not so much.

Some complex data bases and corporate software may not work as expected or at all.

Until Microsoft determine their licensing and distribution policies for Windows 11 Arm use can only be said to be at your own risk.

I am trying install windows on my Mac and it says bootcamp can not be used on this Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.