You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The selfie function is not working on my iphone

Posted on Jan 16, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:26 AM

Okay, so you are referring to the front camera not working. See this for troubleshooting the camera, and if that does not work, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support to set up service. If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support Alternatively, if you have an Apple Store close by, you can make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device examined by Apple and they will explain your options. www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 8:26 AM in response to L2z

Okay, so you are referring to the front camera not working. See this for troubleshooting the camera, and if that does not work, then use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support to set up service. If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support Alternatively, if you have an Apple Store close by, you can make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device examined by Apple and they will explain your options. www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Jan 16, 2022 4:10 PM in response to L2z

I mean when I try to switch the camera (or reverse the viewfinder) to the selfie mode and take a pic of MYSELF the camera does NOT WORK …. It just shows Black screen meaning in order to take a selfie I have to turn the phone around and take the pic backwards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.