You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time

Hi guys. I’ve seen this question asked before but the solutions haven’t worked yet so far as I’m aware. My kids screen time limits and downtime keeps turning itself off. It’s infuriating and I’m sure it’s not down to them guessing or cracking the password as I’ve changed it a dozen times. I have to keep resetting it and I can’t remember to do it every day. Any advice please. I’ve tried deleting and then putting their accounts back on family sharing.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 12:54 PM

Hello Mrasdfghj,

I understand how frustrating that can be. I have multiple devices and use Screen Time on some of my old phones so that my friends can play around with them and not mess up my accounts or get into personal stuff. I have seen this issue myself and it is one of the most annoying things I’ve dealt with. The only fix I’ve been able to figure out on my own that will keep it from resetting itself is to turn off Share Across Devices.

The reason why it kept resetting with this feature turned on, as far as I could see, was because I kept different settings on my main devices compared to my old phones that I kept under extreme restrictions. You can enable or disable this setting in Screen Time Settings, which is under the set/change/turn off screen time passcode. You’ll need to do it on your kids’ devices and sadly, when you do, it does reset the entire screen time settings. But once the setting is changed, your issue should be resolved. If this doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll send you some more info. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Captain

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 12:54 PM in response to Mrasdfghj

Hello Mrasdfghj,

I understand how frustrating that can be. I have multiple devices and use Screen Time on some of my old phones so that my friends can play around with them and not mess up my accounts or get into personal stuff. I have seen this issue myself and it is one of the most annoying things I’ve dealt with. The only fix I’ve been able to figure out on my own that will keep it from resetting itself is to turn off Share Across Devices.

The reason why it kept resetting with this feature turned on, as far as I could see, was because I kept different settings on my main devices compared to my old phones that I kept under extreme restrictions. You can enable or disable this setting in Screen Time Settings, which is under the set/change/turn off screen time passcode. You’ll need to do it on your kids’ devices and sadly, when you do, it does reset the entire screen time settings. But once the setting is changed, your issue should be resolved. If this doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll send you some more info. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Captain

Screen time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.