You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone return

My dad bought me an iPhone 13 as a birthday gift but I wanted the pro max. They didn't give him any receipt at the app store. Could I still exchange it?!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 6:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 10:36 PM

Did he buy it direct from Apple or via a cellular provider. It will depend on which one as to the ability to return. I know that with Verizon it was 14 days and a restocking fee,.

I believe if bought direct from Apple you have a 14 day return window also. And if bought from Apple if bought with a valid cellular carrier there may be carrier fees also. If it was an unlocked iPhone those fees would not apply.

Odds are he will need some proof of purchase, as I seriously doubt that they just totally failed to provide him a receipt. If purchased through Apple, they would have provided one if bought in a store and if bought online he would have gotten an email receipt. If purchased through a cellular carrier he also would have at the least been given a receipt and possibly mailed one. I know with Verizon they are able to pull up the receipt later if needed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 17, 2022 10:36 PM in response to andreaalba31

Did he buy it direct from Apple or via a cellular provider. It will depend on which one as to the ability to return. I know that with Verizon it was 14 days and a restocking fee,.

I believe if bought direct from Apple you have a 14 day return window also. And if bought from Apple if bought with a valid cellular carrier there may be carrier fees also. If it was an unlocked iPhone those fees would not apply.

Odds are he will need some proof of purchase, as I seriously doubt that they just totally failed to provide him a receipt. If purchased through Apple, they would have provided one if bought in a store and if bought online he would have gotten an email receipt. If purchased through a cellular carrier he also would have at the least been given a receipt and possibly mailed one. I know with Verizon they are able to pull up the receipt later if needed.

iPhone return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.