You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share storage with family

How do I share my icloud storage with my family if we have family sharing set up anyhow?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 5:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2022 6:09 AM

If you have Family Sharing set up you are already sharing your storage space. What you do not share is access to each other's content. Each family member uses the space on iCloud allocated to the family as part of the monthly subscription, but their content is segregated and private.

At the page I have linked Apple advises: Everyone's personal files and preferences stay private. When you share iCloud+, family members can't see each others’ photos, files, or documents. 

If you wish to share files use Shared Folders with iCloud Drive.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 19, 2022 6:09 AM in response to deblmark

If you have Family Sharing set up you are already sharing your storage space. What you do not share is access to each other's content. Each family member uses the space on iCloud allocated to the family as part of the monthly subscription, but their content is segregated and private.

At the page I have linked Apple advises: Everyone's personal files and preferences stay private. When you share iCloud+, family members can't see each others’ photos, files, or documents. 

If you wish to share files use Shared Folders with iCloud Drive.

share storage with family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.